The Ram in the Rye is for the enjoyment of Ryerson students, staff and their guests. All patrons are
expected to conduct themselves responsibly at all times.
Management reserves the right to deny entry or ask any patron to leave if they appear to be or are:
• Intoxicated, drunk or under the influence of alcohol, cannabis, or any illegal substance.
• Consuming alcohol or cannabis in an irresponsible manner
• Behaving in a manner that negatively impacts the experience of other patrons
• Failing to cooperate with the directions of staff
• Attempting to provide alcohol, cannabis or a wristband to an underage patron
• Refusing to produce identification upon being requested to do so
All guests will be asked to show proper identifications. Anyone who refuses or cannot produce ID will be denied entry.
A wristband will be issued to those individuals who are 19 years of age or older. Alcohol may be purchased and consumed by those wearing a wristband ONLY.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
• Ontario, or other North American provincial/state driver’s license
• Canadian, or international passport with photo
• Canadian Citizenship Card (with up to date photo that is clearly the holder)
• Ontario BYID, or age of majority card
• Ontario Health Card
• Canadian Armed Forces Identification
Unacceptable forms of identification:
• Student card
• Out of country (Canada or US) driver’s license
• Out of province health card
Customers who are under the age of 19, or who cannot produce identification indicating that they are
19 or over may be permitted entry to the Ram in the Rye if:
• The individual is a Ryerson student with proper student identification, OR they are a guest of a Ryerson student who can produce proper Ryerson Student ID, staff, faculty or alumni (limit ONE guest per person).
Anyone found to be holding an alcoholic beverage without a wristband will be asked to leave immediately.
Students found in violation of this policy risk being barred from entering the Ram in the Rye on future occasions.
During larger events or at any time deemed appropriate by management, pat-downs and bag searches will be conducted. Management will deny
entry or ask any patron to leave if the patron:
• refuses a pat-down or bag check
• is found with prohibited articles or substances (weapons, drugs or alcohol) in their bag or on their persons.
These patrons will be asked to leave immediately and may be barred from entering the pub on future occasions.
Management reserves the right to contact the Ryerson University’s Non-Academic Code of Conduct office to file complaints against students who violate the aforementioned policies.